Are you a fit for our team?
*NOTE* We are open to this role being split into two roles (Business Manager + Strategic Consultant)
Groove Therapy is growing and we need to keep up! We are looking for an experienced Business Manager to become part of the Groove Therapy fam. You will be paid on a consultancy/contract basis to work around 4 – 6 hours per week initially (open to negotiating this), but you’ll be so great at growth and strategy that your hours can grow along with the business.
Your job? Firstly, you will set up processes and run them long term as our Business Manager.
Secondly, you will develop, implement and evaluate strategic goals to ensure Groove Therapy continues to grow in a way that aligns with our values as a Strategic Consultant.
You will be overseeing and growing the weekly dance classes and pushing for increased freelance work for dancers through the agency wing. Our community projects are run by Asuka Hara, who you will be touching base with whenever your folios overlap.
Our dream candidate will be well-versed in all things business and you’ll preferably have a soft spot for the arts/creative/social enterprise sectors. You will be a team player, a great communicator, not take yourself too seriously, but sleep well when you know you’ve spent the day creating numerous seamless excel spreadsheets, setting KPI’s (then hitting them with flying colours) and hustling the team into maximising productivity.
It will be a bonus if you’re keen to get amongst dance class (because you’ll have unlimited free classes with us obviously) but you do not need to be a dancer to apply for this role (we welcome fresh outsider eyes).
Business Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Set up and run processes to ensure Groove Therapy day-to-day operations run smoothly
- Develop business management goals and objectives that lead to growth
- Design and implement business plans and strategies in order to attain these goals
- Ensure that Groove Therapy has the adequate and suitable resources to complete all of the above
- Supervise the work of employees and provide feedback on improving efficiency and effectiveness
- Build & Maintain relationships with partners/clients/venues
- Assess overall company performance against objectives
- Ensure adherence to legal requirements and guidelines
- Proven experience as leader in a like role
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development
- A higher education qualification in the business management realm + 3 years experience in business management OR
- 5 + years experience in business management
- A passion for and understanding of the social enterprise sector
- Experience in the health/fitness/wellness industries
- Experience in app/tech within the fitness industry
- Ability to secure funding
- Experience or knowledge in social impact
- Proven successful track record in the start-up world
How to apply:
Send a resume, any relevant links and a cover letter (either written or video) to the Groove Therapy Director, Vanessa Marian email@example.com .
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a Skype interview.
A little more about Groove Therapy
So what exactly is Groove Therapy? We have three main divisions, a beginner dance class series, a talent/performance agency and a community programme series.
1. Beginner Adult Dance Class Series
Our beginner adult dance classes started in Sydney before exploding nationally. Currently we hold our signature beginner dance classes for adults across Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Each class follows the same premise – no mirrors, dim lights and a community, not a scene. Through these classes we push for mental wellness through enabling a mind-body connection, building a sense of belonging within our community, pumping bodies with endorphins and arming people with a skill set that involves self-expression. It ticks all the boxes for wellness and we champion this – it’s not just a tokenistic marketing angle for us.
2. Community Program Series
Groove Therapy was created to bring the physical and mental wellness benefits of dance to all walks of life. We are currently legitimising all this by working with mental wellness and medical industry professionals to formally create two programs: Dance Memory, our dementia dance program, where we tap into long term memory with old-time music, and Groove Rising, a dance class for empowering young refugee girls. We have a Community Projects Manager, Asuka, who runs this so you will only be working on community projects if your folio tasks overlap with Asuka’s.
3. Dance and Performance Agency
We pushed hard with championing mental wellness, diversity and inclusivity and the big brands noticed. In the short time that we’ve been around we’ve danced in feature roles for TV commercials, rocked the screens on international music videos and collaborated with the biggest global brands including Adidas, Nike, Samsung, TedXSydney (at the Opera House), the MCA (Sydney), Mercedes Benz Fashion Week and Bonds. We are dancing with purpose and the world was noticing. Check the deets on Groove Therapy Agency.