Live stream dance classes via zoom
Can’t make those times? Check our pre-recorded online dance courses instead bebe.
$8 per session. Profits go to the teachers, happiness goes all round.
Via Zoom, download Zoom Client for Meetings (no account needed)
35 minute live stream classes.
Australian Eastern Std Time (Syd/Melb)
Learn how to dance online from all your favourite weekly Groove Therapists but no longer feel constrained by geography! No matter where you live, you can now see the hype with classes by Groove Therapist regulars; Lanie, Lauren, Amy and Rachell PLUS a guest series with heels extraordinaire Cassandra.
The live stream classes allow you to learn how to dance online with more of a community vibe as lessons are given in real time and are not saved post-class.
What you will need
A laptop or mobile device that captures as much of your full body as possible. Use the device that has the largest screen and make sure you set it up so that you are hands free.
For the best experience, hook your device up to a sound system!
How it works
Sales close 30 mins before class begins. We email all participants the link 25 minutes before class is about to begin.
Option 1: Download Zoom Ahead of Time on Laptop
- On your laptop device, check out https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting and download Zoom Client for Meetings. You don’t need an account to log into a meeting.
- When Groove Therapy sends you the link, Zoom will open automatically. If you get a prompt, please accept when zoom asks to open or “run”.
Option 2: Download Zoom ahead of time on your phone
- Download the Zoom app onto your phone
- When Groove Therapy sends you the link, click on it. It should redirect you to the Zoom App immediately.
Option 3: Download Zoom when class starts
- Groove Therapy will send you a link to join class. When you click on that link you will be prompted to download Zoom before you join class.
- Once zoom is opened you will have joined the meeting.
Mute yourself so your background noises don’t cramp everyone’s style. Unmute yourself ONLY IF your therapist asks you to a question.
What to wear
This is a fashion show and we will heavily judge your outfits. Ha just kidding. Wear pyjamas, track pants, sweats or onsies. If you are screen sharing via video (preferred), please cover your bits.
Sound and music
Dance is always fun but it’s way less awkward when the music is TURNT UP. We recommend hooking your device up to any speaker.
Please don’t. Profits from these classes go to our teachers who need to pay rent and it’s also wildy unfair to the other participants who paid their $8. Also it’s $8, c’mon dude.
Therapists will be taking a roll call at the beginning of class too, so that would be awkward.
HOWEVER! You may buy one link per household. That means a family of 4 can buy the one $8 pass and dance together in the lounge room with us.
Want more dance resources?
Have you seen our blog? It has playlists, mini-instructionals and wellness articles. Go check it out, dance more and get obsessed with yourself.